Navier is building the boat of the future! We are a fast-growing startup in the maritime space led by MIT engineers with a passion for boating and electric transportation. Our DNA is one part maritime, one part Silicon Valley tech, and one part aerospace. Our first product, the Navier 30, is an electric hydrofoil boat that flies above the surface of the water. It is more than 10 times as efficient as a gas boat its size, and it boasts the longest range of any electric boat on the market.
Navier is seeking a senior powertrain electrical engineer to join our team and lead the development of a custom electric powertrain for hydrofoil boats.
- Architect and deliver a safe and reliable electric powertrain, including all components from batteries to motors, for Navier's production electric hydrofoil boats.
- Work with vendors and contractors to design and build custom powertrain components.
- Lead Navier's electrical engineering team and grow the team into the premier electric boat engineering team.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering (or equivalent) and at least 4 years of experience in electric powertrain design
- Extensive knowledge of Li-ion batteries, BMSs, PDUs, charging standards, inverters and electric motors.
- Knowledge of applicable standards for testing and certification of high-voltage electric powertrain components
- Strong skills in C/C++ and embedded software development.
- Experience designing schematics, PCB, and CADExperience working with different communication protocols (CAN, Ethernet, RS232, J1939, ..).
- Significant leadership experience, but also the desire to be a strong individual contributor
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Experience with the maritime environment (e.g., IP ratings, ABYC standard, corrosion issues, galvanic isolation)
- Experienced and passionate boater