Navier is seeking a senior autonomy software engineer to join our team and lead the development of autonomy for the mobility-focused variant of Navier's all-electric hydrofoil boats.
- Develop and refine Navier's autonomous docking system.
- Develop key technologies for marine autonomy such as on-water perception, robust localization in marinas, abiding by marine navigation rules, etc.
- Select sensors appropriate for the marine environment and integrate them into our vessel.
- Grow and lead Navier's autonomy software team.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering (or equivalent) and at least 4 years of experience working on autonomy in real-world applications.
- Significant knowledge of all levels of an autonomy stack (localization, perception, planning & controls)
- Experience with optimal control techniques: iLQR, MPPI, etc.
- Strong C++ and Python skills
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Experience with ROS2.
- Knowledge of aero/hydrodynamics.
- Experienced and passionate boater