Navier is building the boat of the future! We are a fast-growing startup in the maritime space led by MIT engineers with a passion for boating and electric transportation. Our DNA is one part maritime, one part Silicon Valley tech, and one part aerospace. Our first product, the Navier 30, is an electric hydrofoil boat that flies above the surface of the water. It is more than 10 times as efficient as a gas boat its size, and it boasts the longest range of any electric boat on the market.
Navier is seeking an embedded software engineer to join our team and write the software that interfaces with the sensors and actuators that make our boat "fly."
- Write drivers to interface with powertrain and navionics components.
- Develop hardware-in-the-loop infrastructure to test new software releases.
- Analyze data and debug issues discovered during sea trials.
- Bachelor's degree in EE/CS (or equivalent) and 4+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong C/C++ skills and experience with embedded software development.
- Familiarity with common embedded communication protocols (e.g., I2C, SPI, RS-485, CAN)
- Familiarity with developing software for RTOS's
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Experience writing software for autonomous systems using ROS or other environments.
- Experience writing flight critical or safety critical software for vehicles or drones (e.g.,